Friday, February 15



A little of this and that.....

This morning Trevor and I over slept - talk about a panic to get the kids up and out the door to catch the bus. Nothing like shoving food in their mouths and throwing their coats/hats/mittens on. Thank goodness the bookbags get all packed the night before. I think I remembered to comb Nikia's hair - I hope I did!

Trevor left a little later this morning for what has become his annual snowmobile trip with the guys. I'm still trying to think of what I can make an annaul trip for me and the girls. I just know it needs to involve sunshine and a lounge chair - and not snow and a jacket!

Over the last couple of weeks I've been babysitting my little 2 1/2 year old niece, Shayne, for my sister. She is such a little angel and so fun and easy to watch. I don't know a little kid that says "please" and "thank you" or is more polite than her.

This weekend Kale has a basketball tournement. Should be fun! He takes his games very seriously - sometimes a little too intense. We've had a little talk about learning from the mistakes and letting them go and not dwelling on them - cause if he doesn't it just makes the rest of the game no fun for him and more mistakes will happen. We'll see how much he remembers about that conversation. :)

On Sunday our local fire department has their annual fund raiser. I love going to these events not only to help raise money but some of the elderly people who don't get out as much usually find a way to make it to these events and it's always good to visit with them and other friends and neighbors in the community.

I don't know about you, but I love going to our tax appointment. We got that all taken care of last week and the deposit should be made to our account today. YAY!! I wonder if Trevor remembers the exact amount? You know..... if I should happen to go on a little shopping spree while he's out of town if he'll even notice..hmmm.

The school conferences were last week. They went really well. I have to say that I LOVE the teachers my kids have.

The neighbors dog won't go away. Obviously our female dog is a big attraction to him. Let's just say that if she has little black mutt puppies this spring - Trevor will be very upset. In trying to avoid that - I've been letting her stay in the house. If you know me very well then you know this is not something that will become a habbit. I can't stand animal hair clinging to stuff. Ick! She has strict orders to stay in the entryway, however, this morning we discovered a very warm spot on the livingroom carpet where she ventured onto during the night and slept comfortably. Naughty girl! (I could put up with puppies more than dog hair flying around in my house)

I really, really hope winter wraps up soon. I want to go places without a jacket. I want to step outside and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I want to see farmers out in the fields. I want to see green shades of spring. I want to hear birds chirpping in the mornings. I could go on but I'll stop with those. I just really want the snow and cold to be over.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm ready for the Spring weather too. I don't like the wet and mud, but this cold has just gone on long enough! I'm really hoping we are all moved in before the mud comes. ugh!

kdwhorses said...

Amen on the spring weather! The rain, muck, yuck! Our tax refund should be in the back by the end of next week! WHO HOO! Glad to have you back on line!

Just Mom said...

My tax appointment isn't until April. Talk about last minute.

Rose said...

I'm ready for spring too. I keep looking out the window at the garden but all I can do is think about the stuff I want to accomplish this year.

Jen said...

I have spring fever SO BAD right now. I am sick of the snow and cold. I wish I could get Craig to move to somewhere warm YEAR ROUND but he loves the season changes. Not me, leave it about 70-85 degrees year round and I would be happy!!!!

Tracy said...

I can't wait for nicer weather!! We are all getting cabin fever FOR SURE. All the kids want to play outside without snowpants, hats, gloves, snow boots, coats. UGH.

We looooove tax time. I have already enjoyed online shopping. Mark always cringes when the UPS/Fed Ex guy has been here...

Have a great day Amy!!!

Amanda said...

I've been trying to manifest springs arival. Everynight I walk around in a tank-top and shorts just trying to bring on spring! Lets all do it...maybe spring will get here faster

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That Shayne is such a little cutie! She is really growing up fast!

I hope Trevor had a good time on his ski trip....I agreee with you, a womens getaway that does not involve a jacket sounds like way more fun!

I am ready for spring too....I just love spring!