Saturday, July 14

Miss You Much!

My blogging break needs to continue another week. The kids have one more week of swimming lessons - which I don't get home until noon. When we get home it's off to the farm or catch up on things at home before heading out to ball games in the evening. My head is spinning in circles (more than usual) and I just haven't made the time to sit at the computer lately. I miss you all so much and can't wait for a rainy day to catch up. Speaking of rain - the crops could sure use some. The fields still look really good but a nice inch or two would really help the plants produce a bountiful crop.

How about this - school starts in about six weeks. YIKES!!! Oh, where did this summer go to? School supplies are out already too. I'm thinking of letting my kids just skip this whole year - think the State would mind? Just kidding! The other day, I was ready to send them to summer school! It turned out to be nothing that a spanking spoon couldn't handle.

Ever get to that point during the summer when the flower beds get a little neglected? I'm there. I feel like those stupid weeds just start reproducing the moment I pull one of their dear friends. Thank the Lord for my little roto-tiller. Trevor bought me one of these little buggers that I can get in and around my plants after my accident a few years ago. It's been a real help. I'm so far behind in pinching off the dead blooms on some of my flowers - do they make a tool that does that for ya? I've learned that really helps the plants bloom longer. Oh, and if that dog digs one more hole, and kills one more plant in my flower beds....well, I don't know what I'll do....I guess I'll just go buy more to replace them (the family would kill me if I killed that dog).....dumb dog!!!(actually it's a really good hunting dog and I am the one that bought it for Trevor so it's my own fault).

We moved the calves over to our place since we have the "perfect" little pasture for them. These are the calves that for some reason or another had to be taken from their moms and bottle fed. We have six of them. They are all eating on their own now except one that is still on a bottle. Kale's a BIG help with these buggers. He's pretty responsible with feeding them grain and making sure they have water.

Okay, now I'm just babbling on and I really need to get off this thing and get busy. I'll try to get pictures down-loaded off the camera and post some of the happenings in our lives lately. Oh, did I mention Kale and Danny got 2nd place in the Triathalon!!!!(more later on that).

I hope you are all having a great summer, getting some sunshine and enjoying family times. I miss you all so much - more than you know. You have all been such a great inspiration to me and have kept me going in life in ways you'll never know. It hasn't been an easy year for me - but thanks for the kind words you all share. They help me keep my head above the water.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you yesterday and how much I miss you. So glad you were able to post a short note. Love to you and your precious little family. Hopefully we will reconnect soon.
Hug those little gems and tell them how great they are! I'm looking at their faces on your side bar as i type.
I miss you Amy!

Heather K said...

It's nice to hear from you Amy... I can relate to the busyness of summer with the kids and all the rest of everything... even the flowers.. ☺
not so much the calves though... that was MY childhood but not my kids.. wish it was theirs too though. Glad to hear things are going well and the kids are keeping you on your toes (o;
Heather

Jane said...

we miss you too! summer is so busy for all of us.... trust me, 6 weeks goes way to fast... enjoy your kids and blog after they go back to school!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

reading an update from you reminds me of how much i miss hearing the stories of your life! i am with you on the flowers...i lose interest about this time every year, but i'm always glad come early fall when my flowers are still beautiful that i didn't just throw in the towel in july!

love the spankin' spoon reference. i have those days too.

have a blessed week.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I am so glad my kids are done with swimming lessons. I used to love taking them but after the first week it got old fast. I did make them both finish all the way through.

Can you believe the kids' school schedules are posted online already??!! Nothing like a shock into reality that it will be starting soon.

I weeded my garden for the first time in awhile the other day too and I kid you not, I had 3 piles of weeds when I got done....pretty embarrassing!

Can't wait to see pictures of your summer happenings and the farm...I always love your pictures!

Susan said...

So glad to read an update from you and hear all is well, just busy. That we can understand. Boy this summer is flying and before you turn around it will be homework time again!!! Looking forward to the upcoming pictures.
Susan

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're keeping busy. We all know how much you enjoy that!

Momma Roar said...

Was just thinking about you. I know how excited you were about being with your kids this summer - it is coming to an end quickly though, isn't it?

Teresa said...

I miss your daily happenings too! I am getting really sad that school is fast approaching. I can so relate to the dying flowers and spanking spoon references! Funny!
Can't wait until you are back to blogging.
Have a great week!

Jen said...

I too have missed your posts!!! Glad you are getting some time to enjoy family time together! That is the most important thing! Can't wait to hear about all your happenings and to see pictures!

Amanda said...

Miss you much Amy!

PS - I was a Target yesterday and they have school supplies out! Football pre-season starts in a month...yep summer is winding down.

Tracy said...

We miss you Amy! Hope you are enjoying your family! I can't believe that summer is almost over. ~sigh~

Just Mom said...

Missing you and looking forward to your return to Bloggerville.

Lori said...

Miss you and your posts.
I understand we are so busy right now too..I'm finding it hard to post and get around to everyone's sites and comment.
Enjoy your summer while it lasts. I can't believe it is flying by so fast.

Jane said...

miss you! I asked Jesus to meet you where you are today! In the barn, field, garden...praying that you are not down in the dumps!