Thursday, July 26

My Personal Sanctuary













Girls...you have to get yourself one of these!! I absolutely love my little gazebo. It's not the biggest one they sell but not the smallest one either. It is so nice to go and just sit and look at a magazine, read a book, take a nap, or just sit and do nothing but have a cold beverage or a hot coffee. There's something so quaint about it that makes it very relaxing. The screen keeps the bugs out and it stays nice and shady (which is a huge necessity with the 90+ weather temps we've been having).


This is my second one. Last year I had one too but a nasty wind storm pretty much destroyed it. I was working in the field driving the tractor and it was heavy on my mind that my gazebo may be in jeopardy with such strong gusts of wind, but farmers just don't understand that harvest should be shut down for awhile to run home and tie down the gazebo. When I did get home that night I found my gazebo toppled over in a pile. I sat and cried because I knew it was ruined. I know - what a baby! But I loved my quiet times in my sanctuary. I had it tied down and staked down but the wind was just too much. This year it's tied even better and that baby isn't going anywhere.

I didn't know if Trevor was going to "let" me have another one or not but when I found this one on clearance I gave him my best "puppy dog eyes" and begged. Last year I set it up all on my own - how? I still have no idea how I managed to do it by myself. I guess I was just determined. This year Trevor helped me, which was good, I don't think I could have done this one on my own.











































A little outdoor furniture and some plants to make it comfy cozy and your set. Awwwh....RELAXATION. I have a grape vine and a new perrenial flowerbed that I started last year behind it that makes for a pretty view. I admit though, I definitely haven't spent enough time in it yet this year. After this week both kids will be done with ball games and hopefully I'll have more evenings to spend at home. Of course then there's wheat harvest which we started yesterday......... Oh, sooner or later I'll find some quality time to hang out in my sanctuary.

16 comments:

Susan said...

What a delightful, cozy retreat. You have set it up so nicely.
Susan

Heidi Jo Comes said...

it would be a sanctuary in your back yard because a) you could possibly put it in a place that the kids couldn't find you for at least say 15 minutes and because b) the neighbors wouldn't be able to see every itch and scratch you did while in there:-)

i am JEALOUS, but in a good for you wish i had one too kind of way!

Jen said...

I told Craig that is all I want for Christmas! This way he can get them on clearance! I LOVE IT!!! Very cute with the plants. Did you get it at Menards? I was eyeing one that looked just like it there!

Lori said...

I love that gazebo. I agree what a sanctuary to go to. I know i would enjoy that too.

Kerrie said...

That's BEAUTIFUL!

Tracy said...

I am so jealous...

Momma Roar said...

It's beautiful - you've made it look lovely! Can I come over and use it too? It would be quite a sanctuary for me - zillions of miles from my kids, lol!!

We have a spot in the backyard near the woods, where I'd like to put a picnic table and some adirondack chairs - its far enough away from the house and tucked in a corner away from the neighbors!! Someday...

Teresa said...

It's beautiful! I would love to have one too. I'll check out the end of season sales!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It looks so cozy and comfortable. Maybe between wheat harvest and bean harvest, when the kids go back to school and between football and volleyball games you might get to sneak away and hang out some in your sanctuary.

~ Amy ~ said...

Jenny ~ I did get it at Menards on clearance for $99. I hope you can get one - you'll really enjoy it.

Leigh Ann ~ You have an open invitation to come visit any time.

Just Mom said...

Oooo! I want one!

Diana said...

Wow! You are so luckly, I totally want one now, I'll just have to wait untill Diego is older to get one.

Rita Loca said...

very nice! I can see why you enjoy it!

Tina Leigh said...

Oh I love it. I enjoy my porches sooo much but the bugs can be pesty at times. We built our back porch in mind that we may one day screen it. Farming...yeah....it hasn't left us with much time to think about screening it. ENJOY your haven...i'll be fighting off the sand nats in south ga!!

Amanda said...

That looks wonderful!!!