Tuesday, December 4

Enjoying December!

It's not even Christmas yet and I've already been enjoying some new things.



I took some of the money I got for my birthday and went and bought myself a Braun Tassimo. What's a Tassimo you ask? It's simply God's creation of the perfect Latte, Cappaccino, Tea, Espresso, or Hot Chocolate maker. Trust me, it's divine!!!



Trevor and I decided that our gifts to each other this year would be a new entertainment center and tv. We bought a 42" HDTV flatscreen and a smaller corner entertainment center. I could stand out in our garage and watch tv now if I had to (just kiddin). The tv is huge, but very cool and the entertainment center gives us more space in the living room (especially with the Wii).



Trevor has been wanting a PlayStation or Xbox for years now and I've talked him out of it...... up til now. I finally gave in and he went and stood in line at Shopko at 6 am the other day to get a Wii. So guess what our whole family has been doing in the evenings?! Last night Nikia and I were playing tennis....what a hoot to watch her get into the game. I've decided it was a good purchase as far as getting some excerise. Each game really gives you a workout (at least the ones we have so far).


And of course, I'm still loving my iPod Nano. I think I have around 300 songs so far. I've been downloading Christmas songs on it now. It's such a cool little techno-gadget!!!

18 comments:

Teresa said...

I have never heard of a Tassimo. Sounds awesome!

Robb and I are thinking like you and Trevor. We have been looking at 42" flatscreens for the game room at the farm and a Wii to go with it. Those look so fun! I am usually pretty anti-video games, but this involves exercise....SCORE! We'll have to see if there is any money left over after Christmas! :)


Enjoy all of your new "toys".

Jane said...

I like the interactive games for the Wii....not just setting there moving your fingers.

isn't it a gift giving season, not day?!? The only problem I have when we do that is then Christmas morning is less exciting....but you have the kiddos that will have tons of gifts to open so you will still have excitement.

have snow yet?

Kerrie said...

I really want a Wii too. I've heard so many great things about them.

Please tell me you have some Keith on that Nano! ;)

~ Amy ~ said...

Kerrie ~ do you really have to ask? Of course I do!!! :)

Tina Leigh said...

Well I dint realize you were such a HI-TECH MAMA!! Glad yall are having fun!!

Jen said...

I'm coming to your house!!!!

Tracy said...

Dawson is getting a Wii for Christmas as well. I look forward to playing some of the games I have heard people mention!!!

Can't wait to MEET you on Friday night!!!!

Just Mom said...

You have a Tassimo?! I'm coming over.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

so i'm wondering...with this great of pre-Christmas gifts, how do you top them when Christmas morning actually rolls around?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow...sounds like some COOL Christmas gifts!

My kids have played Wii but I have not yet....they are really trying to get us to either buy that or a Playstaion 3 (we already have 2 PS 2's....I don't think we need anymore games or systems).

Have fun playing and make sure to beat Trevor!

Dawn said...

Oooh, you are making me jealous! Can I come (play)live at your house?!

It is nice to have things the whole family can enjoy. Miranda has played Wii and loves it!

Amanda said...

Yep - I'm with dawn...can I come and play at your house?

Rick said...

Buring your husband a Wii? What a good wife you are!!

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Rita Loca said...

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Tamara B. said...

That Wii looks really fun. Thank goodness my girls aren't old enough yet to be begging for the video games...although I bet they take up a lot less room...hmmm...have to think about that. :0)

Crystal said...

Hi, Amy! I found your blog via Chris' and I just read back aways. I liked seeing the silage making - we make grain and hay silage so I could totally relate but we bag ours (big long plastic tubes). I was crying while reading your posts about the accident. A very similar thing happened to a neighbor of our's when they were moving cattle. She spent a long summer in hospital and had a fixator (I think that's what you called it) too. Your writing really made me feel for both of you. I wish I had done more to help her that whole summer now. But her mom came and lived with them too - thankfully. Have fun playing with all your new toys! I'll be back to see how Christmas goes for your family. And enjoy that coffee machine - they were demoing them in the grocery store this weekend. I kept walking because I knew I'd be wanting it!!

Michelle said...

I am going to send my family to live with you. All the boys want a Wii and my hubby wants the HDTV once our basement is done.


Enjoy!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

amy~ did you overdose on your fancy tea/cappuccino's from your new machine? or did you suffer an injury while playing virtual tennis?

what's up?