Friday, October 5

Friday means football! Kale has been the ball-boy on the sidelines of the varsity football games. He LOVES it! After almost every play he runs out or throws out a new football to the referee. There was even a picture in the local paper last week of him running off the field after handing a ball to the ref. He has the best view of the game cause he's always at the line of scrimmage. I keep telling him that I'm going to take his job or at least come stand by him and act like I'm helping him. He just says "No way!" I would'nt rain on his parade but I am jealous of his job. I love that he has to pay close attention to what's happening on the field and gets to be close to the players. I know he's heard a few choice words that he can't repeat but I guess that just might come with being so close to the action.

Tonight at half-time his flag football team plays a scrimmage and then Saturday morning they play a REAL game against a neighboring town. Should be fun and exciting. I really hope the rain holds off.


I LOVE this picture! It was actually taken by his school teacher. She takes a LOT of pictures of the school activities and is a great photographer.

9 comments:

Teresa said...

That sounds like a dream job for any little boy. (I guess I shouldn't say little....he is 9!)
Anyway, I also hope the rain holds off...misses us altogether. It stinks to see all of the combines SITTING in the field.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Go Kale!

I love the picture of him...very good one.

Just Mom said...

Wow, he gets to have fun and expand his vocabulary
;-D.

I'm joking. It sounds like a wonderful job for a young man his age.

kdwhorses said...

Good job Kale!! What a great way for him to learn and see all about football. (minus the language, but I think that comes with any sport!) I hope the game goes well tomorrow. It is threating to rain here as well. I too love this picture. I would say I would have to frame that one!

Rita Loca said...

Enjoy them while you can, they grow up and leave home so fast!!

Kerrie said...

Oh my gosh! This is Nathan's dream job. I can't even imagine - seriously - I can't. That's so much fun!

That picture is AWESOME!!!

Jen said...

Great picture!!!! Glad he enjoys it!

Tracy said...

What a handsome young man you have there. And how fun is that?!?! To be the ball boy!! I wonder how the interview process goes for that job?? HA!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i love that picture too!