Wednesday, October 3



I made a quick trip over to see Shayne this morning before I headed to the field. I wanted to run to town to get a bunch of balloons for her first but ran out of time. So before I left the house I grabbed a sucker so I could put a little smile on her face when I saw her. I got to her house and she had just woke up. You know that feeling that runs through your body when you see something that is just so heart wrenching - yeah, that one. There she was with her arm taped and her little bed head hair and a sweet little look on her face. I wanted to hug her but didn't want to hurt her so I gave her a kiss instead.

Shayne~ Hi Amy!
Me~ Hi sweetie! How are you doing?
Shayne~Ouch! (as she points to her shoulder)
Me~I know. I brought you a surprise! Guess what it is?
Shayne~A puppy?!!
Me~Nope, just a sucker! (my ego went right down the drain)

Boy did that make me feel like my dumb little sucker was a pitiful attempt of being her favorite aunt. Of course she ate it and loved it and made a big sticky mess that I left for her mom to clean up. :) Did I mention that I had her eat it before breakfast? That was my other attempt of reminding her I'm her favorite aunt.

Since I didn't get to bring her balloons I had Trevor pick her up a bunch in town and bring them out. He also found a little pet carrier (like a purse) that had a little stuffed kitty in it. When he gave her the balloons and kitty guess what she said?

PUPPY????

Strike out again! Oh well, she still loved it all and played with it today. Too bad we don't have puppies instead of kitties all over our yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for all your prayers. She has to have her arm taped for 3-4 weeks, so your prayers are still welcomed and appreciated.

10 comments:

Just Mom said...

What a cruel aunt you are, teasing that poor little girl like that.
;-D


Actually, you're probably the bestest aunt in the world to her. I'm sure she loved your gifts.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

guess you know what to get her for christmas now:0)

you may become the favorite aunt and uncle and the least favorite brother-in-law and sister all in one holiday!

Michelle said...

Oh, her poor husband one day...

Her expectations match her cuteness!

Anonymous said...

little darlin'. Praying that she heals speedy quick!

Kerrie said...

LOL - that was cute!

Dawn said...

Hmmm, 3-4 weeks, sounds like that would give you plenty of time to find a puppy for her!

Hey, you gotta give the girl credit for trying!

Jen said...

I just read about Shayne!!! Poor little cutie! I hope it heels fast and there are not complications. This could be one of those Discover Card commercials

Puppy: $300
Kennel: $150
Dog food: endless
Being the fav. aunt: priceless!!!

kdwhorses said...

I do not know if parents would appreciate new puppy. But they do have alot of cute stuffed interactive puppies!! Try that!
Praying that she has a speeding recovery!! Have a great weekend!!

Amanda said...

WHAT??? YOU DIDN'T GET THE POOR GIRL A PUPPY!!!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Hmmm....may have to have a little chat with Val so the poor kid can get a puppy! HaHa.