Sunday, January 13

I'm back..... for a few days anyway!

Wow, were to begin. I'm not going to go in to much detail about our Christmas/New Year break since it seems like so long ago now and such old news. We did have a great holiday. We were actually home for Christmas and Christmas Eve - it was great!! It didn't seem like such a rushed holiday for once. We stayed home and just enjoyed our family time. Even New Years Eve we were home - but that's because I was sick.

Remember Trevor and the kids were both sick right before Christmas, well, guess who got hit hard during Christmas. I was sick from the weekend before Christmas till about five days ago. For about four of those days I hardly had a voice. The doctor said that it was viral and of course just needed to run its course. However, the day I went in I was really feeling terrible and I think he took one look at me and had pitty because he still gave me some antibiotics just in case they might help. Needless to say, I was completely miserable (healthwise) for the majority of the holidays. I even missed two different basketball games (if you know me at all - you know that means I was VERY sick).

Last week Nikia started to come down with the same thing I had. She even lost her voice for a couple days too. Yuck! Finally, we are all better now!!!!!

Trevor's gone this week for three days at meetings and then next week we leave for our vacation. 3 days in Florida and then a 4 day cruise. I'm already dreaming of soaking up some sunshine. I can't wait!

Before I started this I went through and caught up on everyones blogs - I haven't been on the computer since.....well, I can't remember...but pretty much since before Christmas. I thought about a lot of you and wondered what you'd been up to and how your holidays went but I just had no desire to sit down at the computer to find out til now.


Soooooo...... I am alive and doing fine and it sounds like all of you are too. It's good to be back and I look forward to reading your posts again.

11 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That darn flu keeps making it's rounds! I didn't realize you were going on vacation....sound like a blast...hope you have a great time!

Tracy said...

Can I come on your vacation??

No??

I am glad you are feeling better.

I've missed you!

Just Mom said...

Glad you're back -- even briefly.

We've got another round of colds going through this house, and I'm hoping I don't lose my voice this time. Been there. Done that. Don't need it again.

Take care.

Dawn said...

Glad you are all better. Abi has been sick since shortly after Thanksgiving, but is slowly getting better now. Thankfully, none of the rest of us have gotten that virus.

Enjoy your vacation! And don't let it bother you a bit how jealous the rest of us will be, freezing our tushes off!

kdwhorses said...

Welcome back! Was getting concerned about ya!! Wow-vacation!! Glad to hear everyone is well now!

Rose said...

Glad you and all of your family are finally feeling better. Stinks being sick at Christmas time but I think sometimes just intimate family Christmas' can be just a nice as the big, wild ones can.

What a great time of year to take a vacation. Have fun...you've earned it!!

Teresa said...

Welcome back!

Lori said...

Sorry to hear you all have been sick. Glad everyone is better though.
Enjoy your vacation in Florida and on your cruise. Sounds wonderful..

Momma Roar said...

Hey welcome back!

Knock on wood, we've been safe so far from any colds/illnesses.

We leave next week for a cold vacation...sigh...enjoy your warm one!

Jen said...

Glad you are back! I wish I could take a nice warm vacation right now. We are planning one for next spring. Have fun, take lots of pictures! I thought you looked nice and tan on Sunday but you must be getting ready for your vacation! Are the kids going too or just you and Trevor?

Kerrie said...

I was wondering the same thing; is this a family vacation or a you and Trevor vacation?

So glad your back - and feeling better!