Thursday, June 21

Black and Blue and Red

I've taken such a beating the last couple of days. On Tuesday I was scooping manure out of the barn and I went to toss the "crap" off of my pitchfork into the wagon but "it" didn't come off. The pitchfork kind of fell out of my hand and the handle went right to my right eye. OUCH!! Now I have a black and blue mark on my eyelid. I've tried to cover it up with eyeshadow but it must not be working. My Mom told me it looked like my makeup was smeared. NICE!!

Tonight at my softball game I was playing catcher and the pitch came in and took a nasty bounce right at my mouth. OUCH!! I had to leave the game because it wouldn't quit bleeding. I now have a big ol' fat lip on the top and a little hamburger on the bottom lip, plus a nice RED mark on the outside. Oh yeah, and my front big tooth hurts too. I sure hope I didn't hurt a nerve to my tooth. That would be real great to have my tooth turn black. I'd have to change my blog site to The Redneck Hillbilly. NICE!!

















So, yeah. I'm looking just peachy!! Wish I could just stay home and hide out for a few days. Nope. I have softball practice with the beautiful teenage girls at 8:00 am. YAY!! :(

14 comments:

Susan said...

Take it easy on yourself, Amy. I love the picture with the flowers.
Susan
P.S. Those beautiful teenage girls should be so blessed to look like you after 2 children!! Bet most won't.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh amy...i am so sorry for you! but why do you have to be such a super-star? man, you are something else...scooping poop, playing softball, coaching teens. kind of makes my day look like a spa treatment:-)

okay, not really. but i admire your strength and courage!

look on the bright side, angelina jolie lips with the injections:-)

i'd still read if you were a redneck hillbilly!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You'd be bored to death if you stayed home for a few days! Hope our girls didn't give you too much trouble this morning and hopefully nobody injured you.

Jamie said...

You have taken a beating you poor girl!! I hope it doesn't hurt too bad!! :(

Tracy said...

AWWW...you poor thing! Hopefully practice went okay without any further injuries!!

HANG IN THERE! You still look great!

Jane said...

ouch! black and blue is not good! Keep an eye on your tooth... they may be able to do something with it at the dentist office?!?

Amanda said...

Ouch!

Just think though - some women pay BIG money to get their lips that big! You're still a beauty queen and one tuff cookie!

Jen said...

Amy I am so sorry about your eye and lip! Hopefully things go better for you soon!

Just Mom said...

Ow, ow, ow, ow, OW!

Still looking good, though. :-D

Anonymous said...

I agree, you are still one beauty! I don't know a tougher women who always turns up looking great. I think it has something to do with what's shining from the inside :)
Hope you feel better soon.

Lori said...

Sorry you got hurt. Hope your owie get better soon.

I agree with everyone else...you are still very pretty.

Dawn said...

OUCH! Be nice to yourself for awhile, now.

What I am impressed with, is that you got teenage girls to practice at 8 on a summer morning!

Heather K said...

OW!! that woulda hurt bad!! Hope you're feeling better Amy!

Kerrie said...

Amy - are the pictures that you post, like the one above your post, taken at your house? They are usually such pretty pictures.