Tuesday, June 12

This is just going to be a quick post as it is 4:00 in the morning (I can't sleep and what else is there better to do than blog). I just thought I'd let you know what I've been up to lately since I haven't posted in a while. We've been so busy around here lately. Last weekend I worked here at home and finally got caught up on some things that have been neglected (mowing, flower beds, garden, cleaning house, etc..).

Every night of the week someone in our family has a ballgame. It pans out kinda like this:

Monday - Kale baseball
Tuesday - Nikia softball, and I help coach a 16-under girls softball team
Wednesday - Amy softball
Thursday - Nikia softball, and Trevor softball
Friday - Kale baseball

Busy? YES!! But I love watching the kids play and it's a good time to chat with the other parents from the community.

We've been getting ready for our Father's Day vacation. In past years we've gone out fishing to the Missouri River with my Dad and Mom and one year my brother's family came too. This year Dad decided we should all (except my sister and her family because they're being party-poopers and don't want to) go to the Black Hills. We're taking 4 horses and 6 4-wheelers. We're staying in tents and Mom and Dad are bringing their camper. We're not going to a campground.....no, no, no, we're staying out in the woods and "roughing it". It should be a lot of fun if the weather cooperates.

I'll be sure to let you all know how the trip went and post some pictures when we return. Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

Kerrie said...

Wowza! Have a great time. I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Me? Yeah, I'd probably die. :)

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great, fun time. Enjoy!!
Susan

Momma Roar said...

Have a wonderful time!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

C-R-A-Z-Y!! i was with you all the way through, we're going to the black hills, taking horses and four wheelers and camping in tents...but no camp ground? so where do you do your 'duty'?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It sounds like so much fun, wish I could go with you too. How long will you be gone?

If the weather doesn't cooperate, look my mom up, she would probably give you refuge from a storm.

Tracy said...

Sounds like such fun!!! For you that is...I enjoy camping but unfortunately I need all the goods. The campers, showers, toilets, and a stove to cook stuff. I am sure you will all have a BLAST!!

Your week sounds busy! I can't wait to watch baseball and softball games eating sunflower seeds catching some rays! All while watching my children. LOVE IT!

Jen said...

Sounds like fun but I'm with Heidi. Where do you do that and get a good shower?

Teresa said...

I'll give Val a hard time for pooping out on the family vacation! :)
I'm all for the campground and "necessities" too! Can't wait to hear all about it....take LOTS of pictures!

Dawn said...

I don't know, I'd be awfully torn between wanting to spend time with my family, and wanting ALL the comfort of home! I might be with Val on this one. Our family has all gotten together out in the Hills a couple of times, but we are not quite as outdoorsy as y'all. We did have a great time, though!
ENJOY your trip!

Dawn said...

btw, I was awake at 4am too, but far too lazy to actually get up and do something!

Jamie said...

Ok, I don't think I could rough it like that. I praise you woman!! Have fun!!

You are a busy lady during the weeknights. It is so fun watch the kids play sports.

Have a great weekend!

Jane said...

I want to come too! We are going camping, but your's sounds way fun!

We miss you while you are out playing with your family! They are young only once, so ENJOY them! Winter and snow will be back soon enough for blogging!

~ Amy ~ said...

You girls crack me up!!! We are bringing a generator for the camper but intend to use it as little as possible. As for doing our "duty" my Dad has taken a toliet seat and fastened it to a stand and then "it" will go into a bucket that must be dumped into a hole after each use. Can't believe I just described that! :) Haven't you ladies ever had to "go" next to a tree before? That may happen a few times as well. When I said "roughing it" - that's what I ment. Any one of you could do this.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics!

Teresa said...

I think I would stick to a liquid diet for that camping trip.....if you know what I mean!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i repeat myself...C-R-A-Z-Y!! yeah, maybe any one of us could do this is we were on a uncivilzed island being held hostage by a lunatic native that had a gun to our head screaming at us to poop by the tree or die....other than that scenario, don't know if i could do it!

you are woman hear her ROAR!

Diana said...

Wow, you are busy, but like you said, it gives you a chance to talk with others!

Heather K said...

Hi Amy...
we camped like this last summer...umm it was...okay.... we were up in the mountains far from civilization.... no outhouse either... hate them anyway... forest is much sweeter smelling...lolol....hmmm but ya..we really ROUGHED it... we had a tent and a campstove...no niceties!! we were next to a lake so it was very beautiful! and oh so dusty and dirty!! I had to wash EVERYTHING when we got home. It really WASN'T my kind of camping but you know what..? The kids LOVED it! So it was worth it. So THIS year.. I'm proposing that we camp at a provincial campground with showers and electricity...I'll still do the tent...but the rest would be SO nice!