Tuesday, June 26

Girlfriend and Boyfriend

Remember Jade? Kale's "girlfriend" (she just graduated this year from high school). He's been wanting to ask her to come to one of his baseball games but just hadn't got the chance to yet. Well, last Friday he made his move. Now, this is really cool that he wanted to invite her, BUT.... I had no idea when he was going to do it.
I was taking a shower when he comes in my room and says, "I just called Jade and she said she might come to my game."
Ummmm, what did you just say? (as I'm getting the soap out of my ears because I thought he just said he called a girl)
"She might come to my game!"
"You called her?"
"Yes"
"Well, okay, but it's an away game" (45 minutes away, to be exact, in another town, and it starts in 2 hours. In the back of my mind I'm thinking there's no way she'll come that far) "How did you get her number?"
"I already had it marked in the phone book!" (dah! Mom)
"You did?"

So.... we're sitting at the game, waiting for the Wee-Wee's (5-6 yr. old) game to finish and the Pee-Wee's to begin when up walks Jade. I looked at Kale and he got the biggest smile on his face and started to blush. Could she be any nicer? A beautiful teenage girl, on a Friday night, could have made plans to do anything and she chose to make my little 8 1/2 year old boy's night. She drove all that way just for Kale. Isn't she wonderful?

















The other highlight of the night was.....

As the games went on Jade and I were chatting about Nikia and Jade asks if Nikia has a little boyfriend. I told her I didn't think so, she thinks boys have germs (a little thing I may have made her believe). It was no more than 3 minutes later and up walks Nikia crying her eyes out. Sobbing!!

"What's the matter honey?"
"Aaron, my boyfriend, just broke up with me!"
"What did you just say?"
"He broke up with me, and now he's playing with another girl!"

As Jade was doing all she could not to laugh out loud, I was trying to comprehend that my 6 yr. old just said the words "broke up" and actually new what it ment, and that it was referring to her and a boy.

OH THE DRAMA !!!!!!!

11 comments:

Momma Roar said...

How sweet of Jade! And poor Nikia!

This is great drama and preparing me for what is ahead.

Susan said...

It's just begining, Amy !!!
Susan

Jen said...

I hear ya Amy! Brooklyn says that she has had the same boyfriend since kindergarten. Oh my!!! Poor little Nikia. Maybe now she won't like boys for awhile!

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to read the book The Princess and the Kiss with Nikia. It's a wonderful book about a girls first kiss. Check it out at the Christian book store if you get a chance. It may help her in the future when real heart breaks come along. Puppy love is so cute, but take it from a mother of three girls, it really is the ground work for further life lessons.
Much love and succuss raising these two awesome kids :)

Tracy said...

I am so happy for Kale that Jade came to watch his game. That takes some guts to call a GIRL!!! Love it!

Poor Nikia! I am not looking forward to seeing my litle girl hurt by boys when she gets older. But starting at 6 years old...OH MY!!

Jamie said...

First of all, what a great gal that Jade is!! I bet Kale was so happy!!

Poor Nikia!! I think I would have fallen out of my chair listening to her and being broken up with.

~ Amy ~ said...

Kerrie ~ Yes, the pictures that I have above my posts are ones that I have taken. Some from the farm and some from my place.

Kerrie said...

You've had some really great pics up there, Amy.

Jade is such a pretty girl! That cracked me up reading that Kale called her. He's brave!

Poor Nikia - so young and already so heart broken. ;)

Just Mom said...

Your children make me smile.

That Jade sure is sweet, too.

Amanda said...

What a sweet girl that jade is! But really...who could say no to a cuttie like Kale?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Jade sure is a sweetie and her sister Jill is also. What great role models for these kids!