Tuesday, June 19

Pets, Pets, and More Pets!!

I know I have posted pictures of our goats before, but I have to show you our new set of twins. They are so adorable. I wanted to name them Bert and Ernie but it turns out one of them is a girl. So, I have yet to come up with their names. (any ideas Kerrie? I thought of the first letter of all our names and came up with TANK or KNAT. I'm thinking no to both) They were born while we were on our trip. I knew the mama was close and I was really hoping she could wait till we got back, but no such luck. They're only about 5 inches tall.




















Guess what else we came home to. Another litter of kitties. She had 6 kitties to be exact. So now the count is 11 baby kitties. NICE!!!
Okay, now make sure your children are looking at the screen and read the following out loud to them.
Anyone want a free kitty? Pick a color, any color. We've got black, grey, white, and orange. Nikia plays with with the older litter everyday so they're nice and tame - very kid friendly. I'm sure you kids would love to have one - or you can even have two. That way one kitty won't get lonely all by itself.






















These are two from the first litter and they're about big enough to start giving them away. They wouldn't cost any money. They're free!!! They'd probably be such good kitties you could let them sleep in your room with you or just follow you around wherever you go. You can even pick out a name for them. Except, Nikia has already named the orange one Peaches. Just tell your mom that you really want one.

Now moms, don't break your kid's heart. Give in and let them have a kitty - or two. Remember, they're free!!!

12 comments:

Heather K said...

That's a great picture of you on the horse.... and your horse is so pretty..the twins are adorable too!

that's a good try at trying to get rid of the kitties!! Good luck..
My daughters friend just tried it on me today....I didn't give in... I have a great excuse.. hubby is supposedly allergic...hee hee.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i think bert and ernie is cute anyway...or it could be bert and bernie....who cares if it's a girl? it's a goat! :-)

lovin' our farm kitty so far.

Anonymous said...

Do you ship for free? I think I want one. I think Dave will want one. I think Jenna will want all of them.
That's just not nice Amy! If I show Jenna the pictures she will beg. She's 18 years old, but the pictures will make her turn right into an 8 year old again :)

Jane said...

Oh thank goodness I don't have any children to beg for a cat! We also already have three cats of our own.

I love the pic of you on the horse.. you look marvelous! And your hair is growing sooo fast!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The goats are soooo cute. I love the pictures of the kids with the kitties but will pass on taking one (here's a good tip....remember to get rid of the females first if anybody wants one).

Tracy said...

Your baby goats are A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E! Can I have one of those?? PLLLEEAASSSE! Okay, totally kidding but they are really cute. Our dogs probably wouldn't appreciate the kitties so we'll have to pass.

Jen said...

Brooklyn wants a kitty so bad but Craig is allergic to them. Love the pics from father's day. We are heading out there over the 4th but aren't quite roughing it like you did! WOW! I would wine because I wouldn't be able to take a shower everyday. Looks like fun!

Jamie said...

I really like Bert and Ernie...I don't think it will matter that one is a girl.

All the babies are so cute!! How fun!

Susan said...

Amy, I love it that you post these pictures and events in your life. Your life is so different from mine. I enjoy seeing you and yours!
Susan

Kim said...

You better push the pairs~you know, so they don't get lonely and cry all the time. That's how we did it last year with our 10. Seriously, they really get long better in pairs.

Dawn said...

Amy! Have you no shame? Trying to make us moms the meanies when we say no to our kids! Besides, if anyone wants a cat, I get to give away mine first!! Ha! Love the pictures! Oh, and naming the goat kids...I had a classmate named Roberta who went by Bert, so it is a girl's name.
Remind me to tell you the story of my Dad and the calf named George!

Kerrie said...

Oh no! I used all my creative genius (that's what Heidi called me, you know) ideas on the cat. I'm tapped out.

All the new critters are adorable though!!