Monday, August 20

Family Vacation

Off to the Black Hills - again. This time, we were tourists. We took the kids to some of the major sites like Mount Rushmore, drove past Crazy Horse, drove through Bear Country, walked through Jewel Cave, saw the Wild Horses Sanctuary, walked around Keystone and purchased souveniers, drove through the needles and wound around on the Pigtails, visited the Mammoth Site (very interesting) and hung out at our campground's pool and slide. It was so much fun and the weather was great. We stayed at Beaver Lake Campground. We've stayed here before and just love this place. (I highly recommend it) Of course the best part is the heated pool and the super fast slide. It rained twice in the evening but during the days it was perfect temps. Miniature golf was a blast. We went towards evening and while we were playing some deer came down in the meadow next to the course. They stayed about 30 yards from us. Very cool! It was such a great time. We're looking forward to next year's trip already.


Sorry about the slide show. It's my first time setting one up - obviously I have a lot to learn yet. It took me three tries to get it to look like this - good grief!! Any advice is soooo welcomed. Why can't I get the slide show to copy into my other post? How do I get the "Family Vacation 2007" off of every photo? So much to learn and not enough time to sit and experiment with this. Anyway - hope you enjoyed the pictures.

5 comments:

Susan said...

What a lovely sounding vacation.
Susan

Tamara B. said...

What a great vacation! Funny thing, we just stayed at the same campground you did. Isn't that place great? My daughter loved feeding the rabbits.

About the slide show...you can change the caption at the bottom of your pictures by scrolling down to the bottom of the page where you load your pic's. There you should see little thumbnails of all the pic's you have loaded and that is where you can add a caption of your own. I haven't figured out how to get the slide show as part of a post, so usually I do the slide show first then come back and do a post to introduce the slide show. I'm sure some one knows how to do it, but I don't. I just make it work the best I can.

Jen said...

I know when you do your slide show there is a code you copy and then paste it into your post. I have only done it a couple of times so don't quote me on it. Loved the pics. Brought back memories from when we were there over July 4th. We took pictures in some of the same spots you did!!! I loved the hills. Its beautiful. Mount Rushmore is something that everyone has to see in person. Pictures just don't do it justice!! Glad you guys had fun!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We always stay with my mom when we go to the Hills....I would love to stay in a campground sometime...sounds like a lot of fun.

Heather K said...

Sounds like a great vacation! My kids would love all that wildlife! Your slideshow is great...I'm with you on not being able to spend time fiddling with it to figure it out! but you have some really nice pictures of you and your family on it.