Monday, September 3

I'm a happy girl again, I got a new coffee maker! Yes, I know, it doesn't take much to get on my good side. However, I will say this. If you are ever in the need for a new appliance or whatever it may be, and it's something that your husband uses or likes, make sure he's along when you make the new purchase. Men like to get the better quality and are willing to pay more for things that are of "necessity" to them. Ever tag along when he decides it's time for a new gun or a new lawn mower, chair recliner, chain saw or whatever? They look at things like quality, horsepower, range, accuracy and what it's all made up of first and don't even think twice about the price. You see, the first coffee maker I bought I had reservations about how much to spend and what it looked like, so I was a little hesitant on my choice. I went with a little cheaper selection because I basically talked myself into believing that I didn't need such a nice coffee maker and they all basically do the same thing. Right??? WRONG!!!! And I knew that, but I still hesitated on spending so much money. So, when I made the return of the first coffee maker, because of it's look and the dumb filter type, and began my search for a different one I made the call. "Honey, want to come help me pick out a new coffee maker?" That's right, we stood in that aisle for about 20 minutes looking over the various kinds and discussed the programmable option, cleaner option, number of cups, stainless steel carafe or glass pot, brew strength and yes indeed, the filter type. Guess what? I walked up to that check-out and payed twice as much as I did when I made the first choice myself. Yessiree, if you want to make an expensive purchase without feeling guilty, just make sure he's along and let him do the investigating. You can't go wrong.







This is the one that we got. No it's not a BUNN - we did look at those, but even I know we don't need to spend THAT much money. It's a Kitchenaide and it makes the most delicious coffee.

14 comments:

Tamara B. said...

Congrats on the new coffee maker. I hope you have many blissful mornings sipping your coffee. :0)

Susan said...

You are so right about men being willing to buy the best and us women always trying to go the cheapest way!!
Susan

kdwhorses said...

Congrats on the new coffee maker! I like the looks of it. It is alot nicer than ours, hence your comment about the difference in the way men and women shop. With our coffee maker I was trying to be reasonable and go the cheaper way. It makes good coffee, but I figure I will need to get a new one before winter. I hope you enjoy your new coffee maker! Too many more cups of java!

Teresa said...

I am so excited to hear about your fun purchase. As you know, I am in need of a new coffee pot. This one looks really cool. It is supposed to cool down by the end of the week so I am thinking I need to make my purchase very soon!
(Since Robb is not a coffee drinker, I think I will leave him home when I go shopping!) :)

Christie Belle said...

Oh, this is sooo true. I think for Jason, it's because he doesn't like returning things, especially living in a military town, the line for returns is usually back all the way down the front of the store. I'm glad you got a good one this time. I love Kitchenaide, I've never been disappointed by them:)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

So glad you got a new one that you really like. I hate when I buy something I really don't want just to save a few bucks and end up hating it.

Heidi Jo Comes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Jo Comes said...

man you SO nailed this one! men don't like women spending money, but if you are going to spend money they see nothing wrong in buying QUALITY (expensive)stuff...which is great for things like this-

the catch is, they think what you purchase should last you FOREVER...since it was so expensive- not realizing that we women like a change every so often.

Tracy said...

Check out that FANCY PANTS coffee maker!!! Glad you are enjoying it. I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't have a CLUE!! Have a great day!!

Jane said...

I love Kitchenaide products!

As for my husband...if I want to go big, I ask for it for Christmas. Then he goes big. Other than that... he would much rather save the money and not go big.

You are a blessed lady! Enjoy your coffee!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking pot. I will need to purchase one soon also. It will be the first one I paid for. The rest have been "free" due to promos, etc. Your new one looks like it would work in my kitchen.

You posted at 11:59p. Your sleeping habits must be like mine.

Rita Loca said...

Coffee is very important though!!!

Lori said...

Like you new coffee maker.

So glad you took your hubbie with you shopping and got the coffee pot that you liked.

Enjoy your new coffee maker.

I'm already craving my morning cappicino or chia tea.

Tina Leigh said...

OK so I'm catching up....I didnt start drinking coffee until a few years ago...HOOKED NOW!! Danny & I went to a restaurant with really good coffee & then decided to start grinding it fresh everyday. We found that is what really made the most differnece. The grinder was like 10$ & has out lasted 3 coffee pots since purchase. We use 8 o clock brand coffee beans. But yeah you are right about the man thing....it was Danny's idea on all the coffee pots & the grinder...etc. OH BUT WORTH IT!!!