Tuesday, May 1

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY
NIKIA SHAE


I just can't imagine life without my little May Day baby. She is a breath of fresh air with a heart so sensitive it melts often. She has a love for people and animals like no other I've known. She probably gives out a hundred hugs a day with a smile that can bring sunshine to anyone.

Over her tiny little lifespan, she has accumulated a nickname from a few family members...(for real, this is what we all call her)

Mom ~ Princess
Dad ~ Sunshine
Kale ~ Squirt
Grandma ~ Sweetheart
Grandpa ~ Fuzzball
Uncle Shane ~ Hairball
Lexi and Tylor ~ Squeekers
Natasha ~ Bummers

Fuzzball and Hairball - don't ask, I can't even remember how that got started but considering who it is that calls her those names there is no telling what the story is.

These last six years have gone by so quickly. Knowing she's my last baby makes it even a little harder to watch her grow out of the baby and toddler years. I know there is no holding this child back though. The other day she was telling me how she would be moving out soon and going to college and then probably getting married. (What??) I told her I wasn't going to let her go but she said I had to. What is she 6 going on 26? That's one of the hard things too - she wants to be a "big girl" and grow up and do the big girl things. Her two older cousins (Lexi and Natasha) have become quite the role models for her. She can't wait to do everything they are doing. I guess since I can't slow her down any I'll just have to try to keep up with her.

We've decided to hold off on a "friends" party until a little later in the summer. I've convinced her that a party at the outdoor pool would be really awesome. So, we'll have just a little family party with cake and a few presents and call it good for now.

16 comments:

Momma Roar said...

What an adorable picture! Happy Birthday Nikia!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Happy birthday Nikia. What a beautiful smile on a beautiful face.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Happy birthday May Day girl! I wish I was close enough to sneak over a basket full of birthday treats for her.

Have a blessed day with your beautiful girl!

Jamie said...

She is so cute! Happy Birthday Nikia!!

I love those nicknames! Very cute also!

Kids are the most precious things in the world!!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Nikia! I have those same feelings about my last baby, Amy. It is going to be very hard to send her to elementary school, let alone college!
And why do those nicknames from Grandpa and Shane not surprise me?!
But it did remind me of my Dad and his "Amy-baby"!
Have fun celebrating!

~ Amy ~ said...

Dawn~ so funny you mention "Amy-baby", he still says that everytime I see him. Of course I fire back with "Gerry-baby"!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sad. I left Nikia's card on my desk at home. Please give her a big hug and kiss from me. I remember a nickname her mama had - Cricket. The sun is shining here (Chicago)this morning.
We are picking up Gina from O'Hara in a couple of hours. Enjoy the day with the cutest little Stieg.

Lori said...

Very cute picture of Nikia! Happy Birthday!
I also love those nicknames.

That is funny that she talked to you about moving out and getting married sometime. Too cute!

Just Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your Princess.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Happy Birthday Nikia! I love her dad's nickname for her because she is such a ray of sunshine. She has the most beautiful smile too.

Jane said...

Nikia... Happy Birthday!

Tracy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAK NIKIA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you have a wonderful day of family and celebration...oh and yummy cake too! (Just don't invite Kerrie or she might eat a piece of cake) HA!

Rita Loca said...

Wat a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, one day late, oops! Amy, it's just the beginning of some wonderful years ahead. I loved watching my girls grow from little rag-a-muffins into beautiful young women. Enjoy the ride!

Tina Leigh said...

What a beautiful little girl...wonder where she got her good looks from...hummmm. They do grow up so fast dont they.

Kerrie said...

Happy Birthday Nikia! I hope it was great!

(Why does Tracy have to be such a hater?) :)HA!