Monday, May 21

Last Days of School


The last days of school were jammed pack with lots of fun stuff for the kids. Nikia's last day was on Thursday and it started out with her graduation. The kindergartener's program included demonstrating they could count to 100, they said the months and the days of the week, they said nursery rythmes, sang songs and said the alphabet in sign language and they also signed an animal for each letter (that was very cool).


After graduation they traveled to the zoo for the rest of the day and ate their sack lunches in the park. Of course Nikia couldn't resist to touch the snake as it passed by her during the presentation. EWWW!!

On Monday, Kale's class had their "field trip". They went to the the HyVee grocery store for a "behind the scenes" tour and to the Fire Department for another tour and then to the rec. center to swim. Friday, however was his last day of school and they had their "field day". They had various activities to do: three-legged race, dodge-ball, kickball, water balloon toss, 100 yard dash, tug of war, and inflatables to jump in. It was an amazing day and fun to watch all the kids have so much fun.


To celebrate school's end and summer's begin Friday evening, we went to Pizza Hut and then Shreck The Third . The kids and I loved the movie! It was a perfect way to end the school year.

16 comments:

Kerrie said...

YEA! Now you get the kids all to yourself. YEA!!

Susan said...

Sounds like 2 full day's of fun....especially Friday. Bet they fell into bed at the end. Enjoy your summer with them.
Susan

Lori said...

Sounds like they both had fun field trips.
We have 5 days of school left here.
We can't wait either. We love summer.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

we have a full week left, ugh!

love the kindergarten graduation stuff, not sure why, but ours doesn't have a kind. grad. i'll have to get on a committee and rectify that! :-)

we also went and saw Shrek the Third this weekend...neither the kids nor i thought it was nearly as good as one and two. but we had fun as a family anyway:-)

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!

So what will the kids be doing this summer? Helping mom around the house so she can sleep in and relax?

Teresa said...

I loved the end of school when I was in school and now I LOVE the end of school now that I have one in school. Yea to summer!
I heard that Shrek wasn't very good, but now you have me wondering.

Jane said...

So glad to see you blogging... I thought that you had gotten lost in the field with the animals!
The two busiest weeks of school... the first and the last!

Dawn said...

Abi (6th grade) goes through Friday, but since I homeschooled September we are mostly done. I have a few more pages in her math book I would like to get finished. Abi has a music program on Tuesday, and a fun day on Thursday, plus they get out early on Friday. She told me this morning they have already turned in their books for one class, so I don't know what they will do in that class all week.
Enjoy your summer with the kids!

Miranda went to Shrek this weekend too, and also thought 1 & 2 were better,

Jamie said...

I always loved the last few days of school! FUN FUN!

Great pictures by the way!!

Just Mom said...

I love their last days activities! What a fun way to end their school year.

Tracy said...

Looks like the kids had a fun end to their school year. I wish we did kindergarten graduation!! They don't even really do anything for them after they are done with preschool. BUMMER!!

Christie Belle said...

Yay for the end of school! Sounds like it was a great end to the year. And man...cool mom...Pizza Hut and Shrek! I'm sure you were popular:) It was a great movie, I know you enjoyed watching the kids get tickled over it!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I am so glad they brought back Kindergarten graduation. I wish they would have had it when my kids were that age. Great pictures!

Momma Roar said...

Sounds like a great start to a wonderful summer!

Heather K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather K said...

fun fun fun!! Sounds like a great kick off to summer!
Our kids still have 3 weeks of school left here.