Tuesday, April 10

Dear God,

We really need to have a little chat about this weather. What's going on here? Oh yeah, please excuse Kale's words this morning when he said "cool, I love this weather, I hope it keeps on snowing for days". He's only a child, Lord, and he really doesn't know much.

It's suppose to be Spring. Yesterday was a very nice day, not one of your best, but not as cold as it has been. We like that kind of weather and a little warmer this time of year. So, this morning when I woke up and looked out the window to yet another blanket of snow you understand why I quickly buried my head back into my pillow. I understand that the moisture is good for the ground but if it came in the form of a light sprinkle now and then that would be just as effective.

As you know, the baby animals need to have warmth. They can't keep going back and forth between warm, cool and freezing, it makes them get sick. You know that when calves get sick they sometimes tend to die and that costs the farmers and ranchers money. And God..., well never mind, that's a whole nother subject about the farmers and ranchers needing more money and I'll save that for another chat.


As I look out my window it looks like it could be classified as a blizzard. A BLIZZARD in April Lord? The snow flakes our falling down very fast and heavy and the wind is blowing and tossing them about. You realize that if this is your idea of a lil humor, we're not laughing. I already sent Nikia's winter jacket to good will and she is getting real tired of me putting two layers or more of Spring jackets on her. So please, God, please allow the sun to come out and melt away the snow. I'll even put up with seeing a few snakes (but mind you, I will be carrying my hoe as I can't stand that member of your creation).

I'll wrap this up, as I know you are a busy guy. I think you understand what I am trying to say here: take the snow away and don't bring it back until the season of winter!!!!!

Thank You, AMEN!!!

17 comments:

Teresa said...

AMEN to that! We just need some heat! Yesterday the kids were able to be outside for awhile, which was great. It looks like a day inside today.....

Heidi Jo Comes said...

When we went back north for Easter, we left behind 40+ degree days and absolutely NO SNOW on the ground. As we pulled into the farm, Olivia asked me, "Why is there snow here at Easter?" I said, "because we're apparently celebrating Easter in Siberia." The conditions didn't improve when we headed farther north to Chad's sister's...more snow, colder yet. We returned home yesterday to find our green green grass, 50 degree weather we'd left behind. I was feeling pretty thankful for our recent move south...until this morning! Ugh.

Along with the snow came a sore throat, runny nose and coughing...and that's just from me, I'll spare you the details of the rest of my family's symptoms:-)
(Great writing by the way Amy!)

Heather K said...

Do you think He'll grant your request?? I sure hope He does!

Tracy said...

AMEN!! Great post!! Dear Lord...please listen to Amy...she's been a good girl. Oh-wait that is something you say to Santa Clause! HA! You get my drift!

Tina Leigh said...

The cold has already done its damage here. Our pecan trees are burnt & I'm not sure how the small ones will respond. RAIN!!! We are in need of rain something terrible here! So I will add...PS LORD: We know YOU are in control & know what we need before we ask it..so I will go ahead & thank YOU for answering our prayers! YOU are so mighty good to us!!

Susan said...

Spoken from the heeart.

Lori said...

I agree too. Please Dear Lord send some nice warm weather.


Amy did you see the picture on my slide show of Megan with the baby calf. I thought you would like that one beings you live on a farm.

Christie Belle said...

LOL, I got a good giggle out of this! I hope things do start to warm up for you! It's chilly in NC, but no snow or anything! I was enjoying the 70-80 degree days here too!

Kerrie said...

Amen!

Great post Amy.

Momma Roar said...

I think He is getting you back for your post with the picture telling the snow where to go :D ha ha
(sorry, I couldn't resist) But seriously, we are longing for warmer weather here too - but we've only had flurries, no actual snow laying on the ground. I hope your warmer weather comes soon. What is your typical summer temp there anyway? I'm guessing maybe more mild than the Penn. but I could be totally off base - I usually am :)

Just Mom said...

Amen, Amen, Amen.

Rita Loca said...

You should all come to Venezuela ! it's plenty warm , high 90's!

Amanda said...

AMEN SISTA!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for posting that picture of the beach in the winter. What was I thinking. I'll try to post a special one of something without snow next time :)
I am sooooo with you on this prayer. We are still getting the flakes here, too!

kristi at everyday woman said...

i wholeheartedly agree. I just spent 2 days looking for my long lost goats in this snow storm, only to find them in the hay barn, 30 feet in the air, lying on the haystack like regal mountain goats. Tell me Amy, how do you build a fence that will keep in goats? I built one with 4 ft of woven wire, with a barb on top and added panels where the ground was uneven enough so that the wire wasn't directly on the ground. They climb it faster than I can blink. I'm thinking I need electricity...please help! Or I'm doomed to wander aimlessly in this frozen wasteland looking for them wherever their recent whims take them.

Anonymous said...

This is one of your best - great writing! We are just getting the snow now.

Tracy said...

I still want to move to where JUNGLE MOM lives!! (sigh)