Monday, April 16

Weekend Happenings.....

What a beautiful weekend of warm sunshine and snow melting. There are only a few spots on the north sides of buildings where a trace amount of snow is left, otherwise IT'S GONE! We were outside most of the weekend. Here are just a few of the highlights that I can recall....




~ Nikia picked up a cat and it pooped all over her. After a shower and about two hours later she picked up the same cat and the same thing happened again. New rule: don't pick up that cat!!

~ Two bonfires in one weekend. Thank goodness my parents live close and had marshmallows since I can't seem to remember to pick any up at the store. There's nothing like sitting around a fire and looking at all the stars and hearing the birds singing their last songs for the night, hearing a coyote in the distance, an owl hooting, and just enjoying the company.

~ Two more dead snakes! I threw them into the bonfire pit just to make sure they were dead :)

~ The kids played on the swing set, rode their bikes, blew bubbles, practiced batting and played catch.

~ Nikia came home from church and went directly to the goat pen to play- with her good church clothes on. I chewed her little hiney out.

~ Kale running on foot and trying to beat Nikia riding her bike full speed down the driveway. Nikia wiping out and crying like we needed to amputate her leg. Then finally, after much crying and whimpering she decided she should probably get back on her bike to see if her leg would work. It did - quite well actually. They raced several more times. Kale won most of the time - he's fast!

~ I got to see a calf born. I've seen so many born, but every time it still amazes me of just how much of a miracle it is. Within minutes the little bugger was standing up and looking for milk.

~ While trying to fix the electric wire in the goat pen I got shocked. I absolutely hate it when that happens. It's a feeling I will never get used to.


There was more, but that's all that come to mind right now. I hope you all had a great weekend too.

14 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

are you sure you aren't the bionic woman or something? i so admire strong women like yourself. strong in both the physical and the character sense. i know that i would be eaten alive if i had to do half of what you do daily. our cows, goats, chickens, and children would be half way to canada if i had to put up a fence of ANY sort.

we had a fabulous weekend too...it's all about the sunshine!

Lori said...

Your post made me laugh this morning.
You sure are funny: you had to through the snakes in the fire pit to make sure they were dead.
Eww! Getting pooped on wouldn't have been any fun!

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. We too got outdoors and enjoyed time in the yard.

You have a wonderful Monday. It looks like it will be another beautiful day.

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I wish ours wasn't so busy so we could have enjoyed the weather more but there is always another weekend!

Just Mom said...

Sounds really fun (except for the poop, the snakes and the shock). Isn't this weather wonderful?

BTW, I love the photo of the flowers you have posted at the top of the page.

Susan said...

No wonder you don't like being all cooped up in side with the snow since you can have so much "fun" outdoors!!! Kidding aside your bondfires sound devine, watching the stars, marshmallows, etc. Will you please call me next time?

Teresa said...

Ahhh, the sunshine makes all the difference doesn't it?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I loooooove bonfires! I am so jealous!

I know what you mean about watching calves being born. I think I could watch it everyday and still be amazed at the miracle. It's crazy how soon they get up, ready to eat and then run around, jumping and kicking.

Dawn said...

Hi Amy,
I came across your blog this weekend, enjoy reading your posts. Since I don't see you often, it is fun reading about the things your kids do. Speaking of cats who poop, we have another one you could have!

Tracy said...

Amy~you put a SMILE on my face on a daily basis. THANK YOU for that!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. It's amazing what a litte sunshine and warmer weather will do!

Momma Roar said...

lol, I'm still trying to figure out how getting pooped on is a highlight :)
I can definately hear your spirit perking up now that the snow is gone! :) We only ended up having flurries here - but the sun isn't going to shine until the weekend - blah!

Anonymous said...

Just got a note from Kim in SD. She said you guys are having 70 degree weather today :) Hurray!

I read this out loud to Jenna. She cracked up at the poop part. She loves her kitty and just thought this was a hoot. She could so relate to Nikia :)

I love your blog. You always put a smile across my whole face.

Anonymous said...

...and just how are we supposed to compete with that....

Diana said...

WOW, I love your weekend, it sounds very unpredicatable which I love because it keeps life interesting. Can't wait to learn more that you left out! Keep us posted!

Heather K said...

sounds like a really fun weekend Amy....