Tuesday, April 3

Thought I'd share a little bit from my notes on Sunday's sermon. It wasn't a sermon full of new insights but complete reminders. I sat there thinking about my own life and how it's so simple, so plain and boring but how important it is to God, nonetheless.


Do You Want Your Life to Count For Something Now and Forever?

Pastor Steve gave us an example of the number of seconds in a day. What we do with each second is so important. We can't get those seconds back once their gone. We can't bank them to use another day. We have to use them effectively now for Him.

Make sure your eyes are fixed on the eternal things not on the temporal things.

We will spend eternity based on God's judgement!

Are we using our talent and finances for God's kingdom or for our own kingdom?

Make an honest assessment of yourself.
What makes you happy?
- money?
- recognition?

What does God want from us? What is his will?

God is the Judge of the Universe. His decision is final!

Don't get side-tracked in the race for heaven.
Run to win!
Deny yourself anything that would hinder a win.
Do you realize what it takes to win?
The enemy knows it's a real race - do we?

Are you committed to God and His kingdom or to yourself?

This is not our home - our home is in heaven for eternity.


ETERNITY - That word made me sit and think about so many things in my life. Am I living the life of someone that God will judge some day and welcome in to heaven? I really believe I am. However, the things that we do now, here on earth, determine the rewards we get in heaven. What will my rewards be? Am I living the life that God will reward me much or little? I can't be satisfied with just getting to heaven. I want all the rewards that I can get?

10 comments:

Just Mom said...

Very inspiring post, Amy. These are questions I need to remember to ask myself as I go about my daily life. Thanks so much for posting this.

Susan said...

What a great post especially as we go through Passion Week. My prayer is that I continue to "run the race that is set before me" as Paul writes. Not run 'til I win but run 'til the end.

Lori said...

Very nice post Amy.
Thanks for sharing.
It puts me in the right frame of mind for the week.

Teresa said...

Pastor Steve's message on Sunday has had me spending a lot of time in thought and prayer also. It is a good reminder to us all what we are doing here on this planet. We are running the race to eternity and we don't have time to waste on the things that don't bring glory to him.
It puts things in perspective. Thanks for the recap Amy.

Momma Roar said...

Thank you so much for this Amy - many of you have given me some great food for thought this week!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Even though I didn't hear your sermon I've been thinking, too, about what I'm doing day to day while here on this earth. Am I living life to the fullest and being all I am called to be? I just want to be a glowing reflection of Him in all that I do. I'm tired of just being... I'm tired of being like everyone else. I want to live a life worthy of His calling.
Thanks for such a thought provoking post.

Christie Belle said...

Sounds like a wonderful sermon! Definately good points to think about, and ponder over this week. Thanks for sharing all of this.
Christie

mormonblog2 said...

Wonerful delightful blog

mormonblog2 said...

Christ & the Eternal Father In Heaven's work is to bring about the true JOY and eternal life(living with Christ & the Eternal Father for eternity); Christ created worlds without end; the true spirit of Christ is Love and forgiveness; when I am truly trying to live all of Christ's commandments, praying to my Eternal Father in Heaven, closing my prayers in the name of Jesus Christ, I have learned the truth of my great great grandmother SARAH STUDEVANT LEAVITT's statement "The fervent and effectual prayer of a righteous man (person) availeth much," saith the Lord.
-----------
Please read about the key 7 characteristics of the True Mormon Christ in "www.7cmm.org" or

"www.mormonchrist.com".

my email address is lds_joe@yahoo.com
my Prayer for is that you will truly seek Christ's spirit in your prayers

mormonblog2 said...

Please contact me at mormonblog@gmail.com
Thanks