Wednesday, February 14

The Email I Sent Nikia's Teacher This Morning....

UPDATED BELOW....

Good Morning!

If Nikia complains that her tummy hurts today she’s probably telling the truth this time.

In the middle of the night she woke up crying in pain. We sat her on the toilet and she passed a lot of gas. Then back to bed we all (Nikia, Trevor and I) went. About 30 minutes later – enough for me to get back to a deep sleep apparently – I woke up to a stinky smell and to her hollering for me in my bathroom. It was obvious that her body decided to start functioning in the lower department area with no control to Nikia. She left a gross little brown trail from her room all the way to my bathroom – on the carpet. To which I quickly awoke Trevor and told him to take care of that lovely mess while I tended to Nikia. Did I take the lesser of the two evil jobs intentionally? YES! I figure it’s good for Trevor to help out around the house once and awhile.

A can of carpet cleaner, a few gags on Trevor’s part, about six very damp spots on the carpet that I’m really hoping he cleaned good, a shiny sparkling clean toilet, a freshly showered little girl, and 30 minutes later, we’re all back in bed.

NICE!!

Yeah, I’m sure you really didn’t want all the details but oh well, too late now. Ha Ha!

If she complains of a tummy ache just have her go sit on the toilet for a while. Better not make her wait too long – I don’t know if you could get Trevor to come to the school to clean up after her.

Oh, by the way, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ! ! ! !

Amy



UPDATE: this is the email I got back from her....

I think you did the right thing to make Trevor clean up the floor and you tend to Nikia. So far she has not said anything and seems to be all right. Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day.

Cindy


Mrs. H is a wonderul teacher. Both of our kids love her alot. She was Kale's Pre-School teacher and Nikia's Pre-School teacher last year and moved up to Kindergarten this year. We both love to gang up on Trevor about anything we can think of. Now, if I can think of a way to get her to move up to 1st grade next year!

8 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I hate to say that I am laughing at your daughters expense...but I am!

I just can't imagine reading that as a teacher...I would be hysterical. Poor kid! And what a crummy way to feel on Valentine's Day. Oh well, it's just another day.

Hope she feels better!

Susan said...

Oh the joys of parenthood!! Pray she will be fine and enjoy her Valentine's Day at school.

Teresa said...

Thanks for ruining my breakfast! Poor Nikia, I would have been terrified to send her to school for fear it would happen again. Hope she is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud at this one and reading it to my husband. We can laugh because our kids are grown and we are way past this stage in life.
Although I do feel bad for your little one, I'm loving the fact that your husband became your team mate in the clean up. That's what parenting is all about, right? Oh my, been there and done that!

Debbie said...

Your teacher's comment cracked me up! It's great to have a teacher you can connect with. Hope you have a chance for a nap sometime today!

Lori said...

That is funny!! I read your post and I'm laughing because you made your husband clean up the floor!!
We also seem to go through that atleast once every year with either the throw up junk or the intestinal junk. My husband helps out too...it seems you have to split up and one help your child clean up and change clothes and the other clean up the floor, and change bedding and etc.

I read you blog off of Heidi's and Teresa's. I hope that it is ok to comment.
Please feel free to read my blog and comment anytime.
www.blogginwithlori.blogspot.com

weavermom said...

Lovely .... better you than me, right? (Guess my turn is coming - someday. May that day be far, far away!)

I'm glad she is feeling better and got to enjoy Valentine's Day at school.

Anonymous said...

You might not want to save this precious letter to be read at her wedding some day. She may not find it quite as funny as we all do :)