Monday, February 26

You're letting him drive that?

Kale is only 8 but I swear his Dad thinks he's in his teens. I find I'm more reserved when it comes to letting my kids try new things that I feel could possibly take their life. My husband on the other hand thinks there is no time like the present to encourage the kids to try new things. The responce I get is "Aahh, he's fine. He won't get hurt." Over the weekend these are the toys my son drove because "Dad said I could".


These aren't the smaller types for children. No, no. These are the adult full-size toys.


In the summertime he drives this truck that my Uncle gave to him. Oh, I didn't mind this toy until last summer when Trevor decided to TWEEK it so it could have more power and speed. Yep, now Kale can spin out with it and he slides the back tires around. Oh, Joy! I just know Trevor is puffing his chest up thinking..."That's my boy!"


What's that phrase that Trevor loves to say? Oh, yeah, "All you need is speed and RPM's." Nice! I don't have grey hair yet, but when I do, I'm blamming it all on Trevor.

Now, in Trevors defense I will say this, he does make sure that Kale knows how to start and stop the "toy" and how to handle/work these large toys. But honestly, I do tense up when I see my little boy on these big toys. It's so hard to see him growing up so fast.


11 comments:

Lori said...

I know I would tense up too if my son were to drive either a snowmobile or 4 wheeler too. He has a few more years before he will be driving anything.
My son is only 8 years old. How old is yours?

Karenkool said...

Hahaha--I love it! The whole macho boy thing. It probably has something to do with having 4 brothers.

Since we've been traveling in the some blogging circles, I came over for a visit. I love your posts. So I say hello!

Teresa said...

What is it with daddy's and their boys? Crazy! The only thing good here is that Hunter is very cautious of everything so I don't worry too much about him, but Gage....he's a whole different story!

Tracy said...

I am having a heart attack FOR YOU!! That is good though that he has a daddy that makes sure he knows how to run the toys. Mark wants to get a 4 wheeler and they SCARE me. I told him "someday"

Just Mom said...

Oh my gosh. Must be a guy thing. I know what you're going through, Amy, and my son is only 4.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Oh lighten up! Geesh, I'm sure he's got it all under control! Although I do know that those 4 wheelers specifically say age 16...so you might be breaking some kind of law there:-)

Lori said...

Do you mind if I add your name to my list of blogs that I read daily?

Anonymous said...

Since we only have cars to deal with at our house I never hear the stories about their driving with Dad until much later. It's a good thing because I would be wringing someones neck. They all laugh and it's obvious that they've had a blast! I'm such a party pooper! When they were younger they did the jet ski, snowmobile and car stuff with dad...I was always home or too far away to watch...I wonder why?????

Momma Roar said...

I would tense up too. My oldest is going to be 5 in June and I can't believe it. But at least you've warned me to look out for what is up ahead!!

Anonymous said...

and even when a well-trained 16+ driver is running the vehicle a serious accident can occur. my son was hit, while standing around a campfire, by a four wheeler that slipped on a muddy track. the driver was 16 and my son was only 4 - neither of them will ever be the same again. your momma's caution is not a bad thing, and not to be laughed at or mocked. do not lighten up - pray and pray!

Debbie said...

Oh, my. After the anonymous comment, I don't feel like I should joke around. I do know that I'm trying to learn with my three boys that balance between adventure and danger. There is little adventure for a boy if no danger is involved, and it is almost always the dad who finds the adventure and the mama who needs to raise the "danger" flag. Mamas need to pray for wisdom as well as faith in these situations. :)

But, I'm going to quickly get off your blog so my boys don't see these photos! They'd be so envious! I'm sure he was having the time of his life.