Friday, February 2

What A Guy!




I am the first to admit that I am a big baby, wimp, or whatever word works, when it comes to cold weather. But then who really enjoys weather when it's in the "below zero" category. Thank goodness my husband is always gracious enough to take care of anything that might need attention outside. This morning when he went out to do chores I asked him to read the electric meter on his way back in. Well, he forgot but quickly turned right around. In the mean time I was helping Kale get all his things together for school, bb practice, and a sleep over tonight. So when Trevor opened the door and hollered in what the meter read I heard it, but I didn't write it down thinking I'll remember it. So off to school Kale goes and Trevor leaves for work. I sat down to figure what I have to pay for electricity and do you think I could recall that number. Of course not. I quickly called Trevor's cell phone to see if his memory was any better than mine - nope! But, you know what he did? He turned around and came back (he was a couple miles down the road already). I didn't even ask him to or even hint at it. What a guy! Don't worry, I wrote it down this time. As long as I'm bragging him up....he also plugged in my Suburban (which sits inside a garage) so that if I need to go anywhere today it will warm up faster for me.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Three cheers for Trevor!! What a guy! Would he ever mind coming over here and reading my meter for me? :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I can't understand what you just wrote... "he turned around without me asking or even hinting," what??

That just doesn't register here. I can't imagine such thoughtfulness:-)