Thursday, February 8

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Last night we all ventured out into the cold to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We arrived early and we were still the last one's there. - go figure. My brother and his wife and kids, and my sister and her husband and kids and my favorite Aunt and Uncle, from Minneapolis, were able to join us as well. My Dad missed out do to an annual hunting trip out west - hope he is staying warm, having fun and seeing a lot of wildlife.

My family all live very close by, which I love, and we see each other a lot, but I still love get-togethers like this. There is nothing more important to me than my family, my whole family. I had lived away from them in another state for awhile and realized nothing and nobody can replace them. I have a great relationship with all of them and can talk to any of them about anything.

This is Mom and I. Isn't she beautiful? She turned 60 something again this year. She is a remarkable person and one of my best friends. She is the christian rock in our family, she is a prayer warrior, she is a loving grandma, she is a big fan at all the family's sporting events, she is a great cook, she helps out on the farm with so many things, she is a very hard worker, she is bolder than me when it comes to tagging calves of an angry mama cow, and she is much, much more. I wouldn't have made it through my terrible accident with out her. The thing that Mom and I love to do the most together is gardening and anything with our flower beds. We're always scoping out places in our yards for new beds. She's taught me so many things and is a great example for not only me, but also for my kids.

Thanks Mom, not just for the wonderful person that you are, but for who you are to me. I love you.


This is Aunt Kay, Nikia, and Mom.

Nikia gave us all a laugh last night when the waitress came to get our orders. Nikia was ordering a hamburger off the children's menu that also comes with french fries.

Waitress: "the burger with fries?"

Nikia: "Oh, no, I don't want fries!"

Waitress: "what other kind of potato would you like?"

Nikia: "well, I would like a white one"

Of course, since this caught all of us as funny and we all laughed, she got embarrassed and started to cry.


This is Kale with his cousin Kylie. As you can see, he decided to be "joe cool" and wink right when I took it. Thanks buddy - you rock!








This is all of Mom's grandkids. A great group of kids - even if I do say so myself.










5 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Wow, that last picture of the grandkids is a keeper. I hope you enlarge it for her and frame it! Gorgeous kids! It is a tribute to a beautiful woman's beautiful life.

I too have an amazing relationship with my mom and couldn't imagine life without her...it always makes me sad for those who do not.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Jo! What a great tribute to your mom. I agree that she is a wonderful woman and a blessing to all. I'm sure she feels the same about all of you. How awesome that your family is so close and gets along so well. I love the pictures! What a bummer your dad had to miss out on such a fun night.

Kim said...

You should frame the last shot for sure. It's awesome. You have such a great family. It is such a blessing to have everyone so near.

weavermom said...

You're are so blessed to have a mom like that! (And close by - ah, the envy. :) )

(Thanks for adding me to your sidebar - I feel so special!)

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog and loving it. After reading Heidi's blog today I thought I'd leave a comment. What an awesome tribute to your mom. She is beautiful. I love my mom, too. She knows nothing about calves, though:) My daughter lives in Texas and I live in Michigan. I hope someday she misses us enough to move back home. Glad you are blogging. I'm enjoying the read.