Thursday, February 1

My Day Yesterday

Well, what I planned to do yesterday since both kids were in school, was run on my treadmill, take a shower, go to town to run a few errands, look for a dress that I need by next weekend, tan, get back home and clean up the house before the kids get off the bus. Then we would get the homework done so we could eat in town at a nice restaurant with daddy (who's been out of town since Monday morning), and then head to church.

Instead, it went something like this:

Tuesday night my sister calls at 11:00 pm to see if I could watch her 17 month old who is sick and not feeling well. I told her that I had a full day planned, is there anybody else that could watch her. She said that Mom could take her a little later in the day. So - okay, I'll watch her.
Wednesday morning I get the kids up and going with the constant reminder "hurry up or you'll miss the bus" phrase. Which, come to think of it, is actually repeated non-stop every school morning. My sister arrives with Shayne (my niece) before the kids get on the bus, which causes my kids to want to play now. After instructing them several times that they don't have time to play and to leave Shayne alone. I am now beginning to get upset because it's drawing near the time for the bus to arrive and my kids need to finish breakfast and brush their teeth. Nikia gets finished and ready to head out the door while Kale is still in brushing his teeth. I happened to look out the window and see the bus lights at the neighbor up the road. I told Nikia just to go on ahead and yelled at Kale to HURRY UP....again. So while Kale is putting his snow boots on, which seemed ever so slow, I can hear Nikia yelling all the way down the driveway "THE BUS IS COMING! THE BUS IS COMING! THE BUS IS HERE!" I practically shove Kale out the door and turn around to see Shayne just standing there staring at me. I'm sure thinking, thank heavens this is not where I usually spend my days.
By 9:00 Shayne has fallen asleep. I held her for a while just because I miss that part ever since my kids learned to fall asleep on their own. I layed her down in my bed and headed out of the my room to the computer. I messed around on there for way to long and decided I should get some stuff done. Well, now I cant run because the treadmill is in my room with Shayne. I cant take a shower because my bathroom is in my room with Shayne. I'd like to get dressed but if Shayne wakes up and mom comes to get her soon I can still run so why bother changing clothes twice..right. Okay..so I'll do some cleaning - which I did. I even washed down the outside of all the kitchen cabinets (I have a lot). Still Shayne is sleeping and Mom hasn't called about getting her yet.
Fast forward.......Shayne took a 4 hour nap, and my Mom called at about 1:30. I ended up just keeping little Shayne darling for the whole day and cleaned some more while she played. The house looked pretty nice until......
The kids came home and unloaded their book bags everywhere. Then Trevor gets home and tells the kids to look in his bag. The meeting he went to had a bunch of free "stuff". So he decided to load up and treat the kids with can coolers, sunglasses, pens, mugs, and more can coolers. Needless to say my nice clean house was now trashed with school papers, books and "stuff" everywhere.
My sister didn't come to get Shayne until an hour before church started so we had to go to a fast-food joint.
Oh the joys of motherhood!!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Don't ya love the unpredictability of motherhood?! Just when you thought you had a relaxing day ahead of you.
What a great Aunt you are! :)