Monday, March 19

It's Going to Be A Good Week!!

That's my confession for the week. It's already going pretty good.

Last night the family and I went to "open gym" and got in some good exercise. The school opens the gyms for three hours every Sunday night for anybody that wants to shoot around. This isn't the first time we've gone but it was the first time I decided I could play a game with the big guys. By big guys I mean high school players and male adults. Yeah, it was a little intimidating but I can lift my head high. I ended up playing four games and had a blast. I had surgery on my left knee (ACL reconstruction) last spring so I did baby that and not run full speed, but I kept up and held my own. I even made a few shots... and missed a few shots. It was so much fun. I was nervous about how my body would be reacting this morning, but thanks to Aleeve I actually crawled out of bed all on my own. YAY!!! It was however, a wake up call to just how much I really should get back into shape. These winter months have added some extra weight that really must go. Think I could get all those guys to come back to the gym every other night just so I could get in some good conditioning? Probably not, but that would be a fun way to do it. I suppose the treadmill and I should just stop glaring at each other and become best friends for a few months.

I got asked to play on a softball team this summer - that should be fun. Due to my knee I wasn't able to participate in to many things in fear of it "going out", hence the decision for the surgery. So now I can play instead of just watching. I was also asked to help coach a teen girls softball team. I'm not sure if that will work out or not, but I hope so. I would really like to get on a volleyball team too, but I don't know if there are enough nights in the week. My summer is starting to once again look very busy and full of sports - I love it! Trevor plays softball, Kale plays baseball, Nikia plays softball, and now I get to play too. Not to mention the games we attend of my nephew and nieces. The only thing I don't like about being so "on-the-go" is that it seems like summer goes twice as fast.



















Before I sign off I have to mention that Kale had his last basketball tournament on Saturday. He is a 2nd grader but he and his best buddy played on the 3rd grade team this year. I know they both had so much fun and learned a lot. This isn't the last time you'll hear of these two boys. Last year they participated in a local triathlon and got 3rd place.



















I took the boys to the movie "Bridge to Terabithia" on Friday. If you have not seen this movie, you need to. It's a Disney movie and rated PG. I even cried through some of it. It's a really good one. The boys liked it too. I'm not going to tell you anything about it - you have to see it for yourself.

Okay, enough rambling.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you're back and your Spirits are up. I agree with your confession that it's going to be a good week.

Yeah for you keeping up with the guys. I'm impressed.

Momma Roar said...

My hubby had acl surgery in 2003 after a soccer game. He was playing on an over 30 leauge and he was 29 :( I remember him having to take precautions, but it is great when you can 'get back in the game!'

Heather K said...

Yay ! glad to see you're back.....Sounds like you're going to be having an extremely busy summer!! Sounds like fun though....My kids read that book at school (Terabithia). I seem to remember they didn't really like it... I could definitely be wrong though. I'll have to ask them about it... Maybe we'll have to go see it ... it's in theatres here too.
I can relate to the winter pounds.. ... I've been thinking lately that I need to shed a few, so started watching my intake..... well it feels like I've just found more!(pounds)I would love to get a treadmill... my girlfriend has one that's amazing...it cost around $3,000! So you can imagine how nice it is... I've tried it out and found I actually enjoy it! Amazing since I really don't like to exercise...I'd rather be doing something like you do.. such as a sport. Anyway Have a great day....
hope you don't mind me writing so much!!!
Heather.
ps
I noticed on my post that you couldn't comment on the comic-some setting got shut off-I fixed it.

Jen said...

Good for you! I need to get back in shape also! I have decided to get up and walk at 6:00 every morning. Early, I know but its the only time that I can stick with it and not have anything going on! Keep up the good work!

Candy said...

HI there :) Noticed we have a few blogging friends in common! Thought Id drop by and say HI!

Candy

Just Mom said...

I admire anyone who is athletic (i.e. not like me). Good job, keeping up with the big guys.

By the way, I love your Motivation for Moms thing on your sidebar. :-)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

My brain still gets excited at the thought of a pick-up game of basketball...my butt however is not in sync with my brain.

I miss the days of that kind of physical activity. A good sweat, healthy competition, and a lot of laughs. Now it's just me and my treadmill...and it just isn't the same.

Good for you!

Tracy said...

Good for you for getting in there and having some fun! I, on the otherhand, can NOT play basketball. Love to watch, hate to play.

I just bought an elliptical machine and we NEED to become friends. Last night we had to argue for a bit but I eventually won!!