Friday, March 23

Nikia and I had a great day of shopping together yesterday, but today is all work and no play. We are starting to do a little spring cleaning. Yuck! But, I know it's got to be done and how refreshing the house will be once it's finished. I've had a big list of stuff that needs to be done for every room in the house but I've just kept putting it off. Well, I can't slack off any more because now that the weather is getting nicer I don't want to be stuck inside doing house work. I need to get out and clean up the yard too but I've decided I'm not letting myself until I do the house stuff first. Which isn't easy since I'm not much of an enthusiastic Miss Suzy Homemaker.

I may cheat a little and let the kids start without me on the stuff outside. After the snow melts down it always amazes me what is left. The leaves drive me crazy because I know we bagged our yard three times last fall. Believe me, I remember, we have a huge yard. The branches and sticks I can understand with all the heavy ice and snow, but then there's the garbage bag caught in the tree and some of the stuff the dog dragged into the yard over the last few months, and some of the stuff the dog dropped in the yard - if you know what I mean.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..... Have a great weekend everyone. I hope it's full of sunshine and family fun.

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Cleaning to you!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Spring cleaning....what's that?

Heather K said...

Hi Amy.. Sounds like we have the love of housework in common...cough, cough...well maybe not...
I'd rather be outside any day... I'm amazed at these wonderful homemaking ladies on here that love housework! I'm always a little envious of them... wish I was more that way, but have decided I really gotta let that go!! :o)) Not the housework part...lol...just the part about not being that way!! I grew up on what would be called a hobby farm.... which definitely wasn't a hobby for my mom!! It was a lot of work.... but I'm so glad she did it. I wish we had the same lifestyle, but we live right in the middle of the city.... we love it here but I'd still prefer the other way. I love playing sports but haven't done it for so long that I'm in terrible shape and would probably collapse on the field!!! Oh well, time to get the kids and head out and play grass hockey or something! What I NEED to do though, is get busy and finish unpacking and organizing the basement! groan... neverending....
:o)
Have an awesome weekend...
Heather

Diana said...

I understand the feeling! It took me forever to get going with my garage. My goal was to fit the car inside because Houston, TX weather is so HOT that I didn't want Diego's carseat to overheat. I am such a big procastinator(did I spell that right, maybe I'll look it up in my dictionary...I'll do it tomorrow)HEHE I have an idea why don't you take a before and after picture, I wish I did that with my garage!Good luck!

Jen said...

Do you want to come and do mine next?! YUCK!! I hate spring cleaning but love how the house smells and looks once completed!

Momma Roar said...

I like Diana's idea of the before/after pictures! It is raining outside and it would be a good day to tackle a project, but nah - maybe I'll start doing the Tackle It Tuesday posts I've seen. Then it can take me til Fall to do my Spring cleaning :)
Have a great weekend!!!

Tracy said...

I am with Heidi...what is Spring cleaning??!?

With daycare...I feel like I clean EVERYDAY. It seems like I never get to the "Spring cleaning" things...HAVE FUN!!

Lori said...

Good luck with all of your spring cleaning. I think I need to get busy here too.
EWWW! Cleaning up dog droppings. FUN FUN!!!

I just looked at my windows and they are in need of some cleaning.

We are planning on getting some shopping down tomorrow.

Enjoy this spring like weather.
Have a great weekend!!!

Just Mom said...

"Have a great weekend everyone. I hope it's full of sunshine and family fun."

Right back at ya.

Anonymous said...

Glad it's not spring here yet. The cleaning is going to have to wait a bit :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - love the pics of the "kids" - can;t wait to see them in person.