Sunday, March 4

Imaginations....

So just what is a kid to do when the weather is so bad outside and watching tv is not appealing anymore? Well, you set up a farm and ranch and start to use your imagination. This all started in the kitchen and then began to grow into the living-room and finally into the computer room. Kale and Nikia played with these toys for hours. It was so fun to listen in on their conversations about the farming and chasing cows. They were talking in different voices and even acting out the animals too. Nikia was the hired man, the farm dog, and later turned into a horse (of course) and Kale was the farmer.


Kale showed me his genius idea of tie-down straps for his semi loads. He used Nikia's hair rubber bands. Pretty good thinking if you ask me. Even the animals are strapped in tight. :)


They probably only used a fourth of the farming equipment that Kale has. These are just the little toys. He has the much bigger sizes also. I was so glad they didn't bring the rest of them out. The floor was covered the way it was. My kids are getting old enough that I'm not use to a bunch of toys on the floor all over anymore.

Tomorrow the kids are back to school. After spending so many days snowed in, the house is going to seem so empty. I think I'll go shopping. :)

13 comments:

Teresa said...

I love it when my kids use their imaginations and play together. It looks like Kale and Nikia could run a pretty good sized farm together!

Kerrie said...

I looked at the pictures before I started reading and LOVED the tie downs!

The other day I was on your site when my little boy came to the computer. He asked about your kids and then your husband. He said "Why is that dad mad?" I laughed and told him that I didn't think 'that dad was mad' but that maybe it was sunny out. He said "I don't think so mom. I think he's mad." :)

Susan said...

Wonderful that the kids used their imagination. Bet you had to watch where you walked.

~ Amy ~ said...

Kerri ~ tell your boyhe's not the only one, my sister said that it looked like he was mad in that picture too. He wasn't. I took that after a long day of working cows and yes, the sun was shining. I really should put a different one up there, but he hardly ever lets me take one.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

The ideas they come up with astound me sometimes. I, too, love to hear the conversations and the small arguements over who will be who. Since moving off the farm, I'm sad to say my kids don't play farm any more...now we are more into games like, "Barbie is rescued from the clutches of Dr. Claw by a Teen age Mutant Ninja Turtle".

Momma Roar said...

It sounds like your children are such good friends! How awesome!

Tracy said...

Great imaginations!! I was beginning to wonder if kids (in general) even knew HOW to use their imaginations anymore!!

Hey! Crop the picture of your husband from the awards thing you guys went too! That is a great picture!!

Lori said...

I agree - great imaginations!!
Sounds like they had a fun time!

My kids both like to play like that too and use their imaginations. It's fun to watch and listen to them.

Just Mom said...

Shopping?! Is that what I'll get to start doing once Alex reaches his school years?

Rita Loca said...

It is great to see kids that know how to play. I am amazed at how many kids whine and dont even know how to start playing unless it involves something electronic.

Jen said...

Cooper is just getting started on his farm set. Although we don't live on a farm he still loves tractors and all the animals. LOVE the tie downs! Great idea until you want to do Nikia's hair!

Heather K said...

Hi Amy
Sorry to bug you but would you mind telling me HOW you got the clock onto your blog? I found the website but didn't find it very user-friendly...
If you don't mind...
thanks
Heather

~ Amy ~ said...

Heather - from what I remember, this is what I did. Go to the clock website (just double click on my clock) and choose the style of clock you want. Double click on it. Then "copy" the html info. Go back to your website to the template and open up a new HTML/JavaScript and "paste".

I'm pretty sure those are all the steps I took. Hope you get it to work.