Tuesday, March 6

Packing...




Yes, packing, that's all that is on my agenda today. Well, almost. I'm getting the oil changed on the Suburban. Plus, I think I'll head to the school for the pep rally send off and tonight Kale has a basketball game. So a little more than just packing, but that's my main task.

It shouldn't be too bad. I got the laundry done yesterday. I also ran to town yesterday to get snacks, drinks, and munchies and some things to keep the kids entertained for the long ride (about 8 hours or more). So now it's just the decision of what everyone should wear. We are leaving tomorrow around noonish and won't be returning til Sunday sometime. So, I have my work cut out for me.

Now, for some I'm sure this isn't a big deal and you'd be done in no time. For me, however, packing is something I always struggle with. Especially when the weather could change from snowing, to 50+ degree weather. Which I hear is going to happen. I always lay everything on the bed in outfit piles so I know I'm not missing any important article of clothing or accessory. But then my problem is all the extras that I think I need to bring. You know, like maybe extra shirts or extra pants in case a stain or spill should occur. Or, what if it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon and a change of outfit is required. And, just how many extras should I bring for each kid. Oh, what about the clothes for just running around the hotel and sitting by the pool. You see, I am just not good at making these very important decisions so quickly. In the end I always have more than we all need, but I figure I'd rather have it along than not. I'm sure Trevor would enjoy the bags being a little lighter and maybe not so many of them but I'm sure he enjoys his family lookin good too. So off to the closets I head to pack, pack, pack!

11 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

You'd have fun doing it for my four kids then I bet:-)

Do you pack for your husband too? I do, but I've recently discovered that's not required...hmmmm, other wives don't do it.

Have fun!

Jen said...

I do the same thing. I also pack Craig's clothes because he always comes up with some weird outfit and then I don't want to be seen in public with him. It just saves an embarrasing moment. I always forget something and twice I forgot Brooklyn's underwear! She is starting to remind me when I pack her clothes to grab her underwear!!!! Have fun!

Heather K said...

I make lists for each person. Then check it off as I pack it. I have 4 kids and the two oldest do their own list and packing now. Yaaay!!! My husband does his most of the time too..... I do tweak it though! ;))
(remembering that I do have to be seen with him. ;o) )
I find with the lists I don't overpack.... gets to be a big problem when there are 6 of us!!

weavermom said...

I pack in the "outfit" way like you - and I always bring too many things, but is never the same things that we don't use! Like you said - it depends on the weather! ;)

And although I try to have everything clean, I would not dream of packing for my dh - (he would just do it over anyway!)

Tracy said...

I pack in outfits too!! Packing for 4 isn't fun with one being a baby (needing sometimes 2 outfits a day). Mark always says I overpack and yes, I do. You have to be prepared for everything! :)

HAVE A GREAT TIME! GO CHARGERS!!

Teresa said...

I have the same problem with overpacking, but I am getting better. I have made it my goal to pack as little as possible for each of us. It is so nice that most hotels have hair dryers and irons. Not that I ever packed an iron, but I don't have to be so careful when packing if I know one will be in the hotel room.
Have fun at the tournaments..we will be cheering from home! Go Chargers!

Momma Roar said...

I pack in outfits too! Not my favorite task, but ya can't run around without clothes!!
I like the new picture of you and Trevor!

Lori said...

I always over pack for those same reasons. Spilling and having to change and outfit or not knowing how the weather will be.

Good Luck to you at State!!! Have fun!!

Just Mom said...

My problem isn't overpacking outfits; it's overpacking the "extras" like lotions and other potions.

Heidi -- I don't pack for Dan, but I probably should. He overpacks, wardrobe-wise, big time.

Susan said...

What fun and exciting family time for all of you. Enjoy!! Can you believe I actually use to have one of the old Samsonite green suitcases in the last picture. Mine was pink and I got it as a graduation present from my parents. Wish I'd hung on to it!! My mother did have the green one.

Kerrie said...

Have a safe trip.

I've never packed for Justin. I do pack for the kids though.